Bank of Baroda Debit Card: Bank of Baroda has to offer its customers various Bank of Baroda Debit Card types. There are different features of Debit Cards being launched by the Bank of Baroda.
This post will get detailed information about different types of Bank of Baroda Debit Cards issued by Bank of Baroda. If you have an account with the Bank of Baroda, you must keep information about Bank of Baroda Debit Cards.
Let us now discuss Bank of Baroda Debit Cards in detail one by one.
Bank of Baroda offers its customers a PIN and EMV chip-based customized Bank of Baroda Debit Card designed to maximize every spend.
Bank of Baroda offers its customers instant access to cash from 6900+ Bank of Baroda ATMs and over 1 lakh member bank ATMs through the Bank of Baroda Debit Card.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card allows you to enjoy the entire shopping experience with high withdrawal and spending limits at point of sale locations and online.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card is available in significant debit card variants such as Visa, Mastercard, and RuPay cards.
About Bank of Baroda
Bank of Baroda is an Indian banking and financial services organization with a net worth of over Rs 3.58 trillion, and its headquarter is located in Vadodara, Gujarat. This bank is the second largest bank in India after the State Bank of India, established in 1908 by the Maharaja of Vadodara. Bank of Baroda was ranked 801st in the Forbes Global list in 2000.
Bank of Baroda registers its presence through bank branches or ATMs in most of the world’s major countries like Australia, Belgium, Singapore, Hong Kong, China, UAE, UK, USA, New Zealand, Mauritius, etc. The bank provides financial products and services to corporate and retail customers in banking, finance, insurance, banking investment, mortgage, loans, private banking, private equity, wealth management, and credit cards.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card
Bank of Baroda has introduced a wide range of PIN and EMV chips based on Bank of Baroda Debit Cards in Visa, MasterCard, and RuPay variants for cashless banking. In terms of convenience, with the help of the Bank of Baroda Debit Card, money can not only be withdrawn from 6900+ ATMs, but also purchases can be made on online shopping portals and merchant outlets.
However, at the time of purchase, the customer must remember that the Bank of Baroda Debit Card will allow only three financial and non-financial transactions to the savings account holder in major metro cities of India free of cost per month like Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Delhi, Chennai, Kolkata, and Mumbai, etc.
After three free transactions, the customer will have to pay ₹ 20 on each financial transaction with Bank of Baroda Debit Card and ₹ ten as additional charges on non-financial transactions.
The bank provides five financial and non-financial transactions free of cost to customers with savings accounts on the Bank of Baroda Debit Card in non-metro cities per month.
Types of Debit Cards Offered by Bank of Baroda
Some of the prominent Bank of Baroda Debit Cards issued by Bank of Baroda are as follows.
Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card
- Bank of Baroda Visa Electron Debit Card has the following features.
- It is a flexible Bank of Baroda Debit Card, designed for use while shopping, traveling, and dining.
- With this card, the limit for spending is ₹ 50000, while withdrawing money is ₹ 25000 per day.
- This debit card is PIN-based, which makes your every transaction secure with PIN verification.
Visa EMV Chip Debit Card
Bank of Baroda has launched the Visa EMV Chip Debit Card for its overseas customers with the following features.
- It is an international debit card through which customers can make a cash withdrawal, online transactions, any payment from ATMs abroad.
- It is the payment category Bank of Baroda Debit Card , from which ₹ 100000 cash withdrawals can be made per day.
- Visa EMV Chip Debit Card can be introduced daily at Point of Sale up to a maximum of ₹ 200000.
- This debit card is based on an EMV chip which requires a PIN to complete each transaction.
Baroda MasterCard Gold Debit Card
Following are the salient features of the Bank of Baroda Mastercard Gold Debit Card.
- This MasterCard from Bank of Baroda can be used at any point of sale (Merchant Outlets) and ATMs.
- A maximum of ₹ 50000 can be withdrawn daily from this Bank of Baroda Debit Card.
- Up to a maximum of ₹, 100000 can be spent with this card in 1 day.
- This debit card is also debit-based, so a PIN is required to make each transaction successful. This debit card is also designed keeping in mind the premium category of Bank of Baroda customers.
RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card
Following are the salient features of the Rupay EMV Chip Debit Card.
- The International Bank of Baroda Debit Card is designed to keep in mind the transactions done by Bank of Baroda customers abroad.
- This card can be used at any RuPay enabled ATMs and merchant outlets (point of sale location) abroad.
- With RuPay EMV Chip Debit Card, a maximum of ₹ 200000 can be done per day.
- With this debit card, up to ₹ 100000 can be withdrawn daily from the ATM.
- Like other chip-based debit cards, this card also requires a PIN for authentication for successful and secure transactions.
RuPay Debit Card
If you are looking for a hassle-free and straightforward debit card to use within India, you need not look for other debit cards other than the RuPay debit card offered by the Bank of Baroda. Following are the salient features of the Rupay Debit Card.
- This debit card has been designed keeping in mind the needs of domestic consumers.
- This card has been designed in collaboration with the National Payment Corporation of India.
- This Bank of Baroda Debit Card can be done only at RuPay enabled PoS and ATMs in India.
- A maximum of ₹ 50000 transactions can be done with this card per day.
- Bank of Baroda has fixed a limit of ₹ 25000 withdrawal from ATMs per day on this card.
- Transactions done on this Debit Card are secure as they are authenticated with the PIN.
- If the RuPay Debit Card is lost or stolen, the chances of its misuse are negligible.
- The RuPay Debit Card can be used at over 6,000 ATMs interconnected with the Bank of Baroda.
- The card can be used at over 1,18,000 ATMs across Bank of Baroda ATMs and around 100 NFS member banks.
- RuPay Debit Card is accepted by all NPCI member bank ATMs and Point of Sale terminals in India.
- Every bank of Baroda account holder is eligible for RuPay Debit Card.
Non-personalized Debit Card
The following are the salient features of the Non-Personal IS Debit Card.
- It is a non-personal debit card, which Bank of Baroda gives to the customers when opening a bank account.
- If it is a RuPay debit card, the consumer can use it for shopping and withdrawing money only at all RuPay enabled merchant outlets (point of sale) and ATMs located in India.
- With this card, the cardholder can do transactions up to ₹ 50000 per day.
- With this card, a daily withdrawal of ₹ 25000 can be made from an ATM.
Also read: How to Recharge Bank of Baroda Fastag Card?
RuPay Platinum Debit Card
Bank of Baroda has launched the RuPay Premium Debit Card, enhancing the convenience of cashless transactions for the customers. This debit card has the following features.
- RuPay Platinum Debit Card Debit card has been developed in collaboration with the National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI).
- This RuPay Debit Card increases the card holder’s withdrawal limit to ₹50000.
- E-commerce or point of sale transactions up to ₹ 100000 per day can be made with this debit card.
- All online transactions with this Bank of Baroda Debit Card are secure with CVD2 instead of a PIN.
- The RuPay Debit Card can be used at any Bank of Baroda interconnected ATM and NFS member bank ATMs in India.
- The RuPay Debit Card can be used in India and internationally at Point of Sale merchant outlets and ATMs with Diners Club International, Pulse, or Discover logos.
- Cardholders become eligible for special offers given by the bank as soon as this card is activated.
Offers and Deals on Bank of Baroda Debit Card
Bank of Baroda is the leading Debit Card retailer in India. Bank of Baroda keeps on bringing offers and deals from time to time for the MasterCard, Maestro, and Visa debit cardholders.
All MasterCard/Maestro cardholders can avail of special offers and discounts on online shopping, travel, and entertainment portals like Myntra, Jabong, eBay, Cleartrip, BookMyShow, etc. Bank of Baroda Visa offers up to 50% discount for debit cardholders on buying movie tickets from BookMyShow mobile application under ‘The Grand Movie Sale.’
Keep in mind that special offers and discounts offered by the Bank of Baroda to cardholders change from time to time, so be sure to visit the official website of Bank of Baroda for the latest offers and discounts.
Benefits of Bank of Baroda Debit Card
Bank of Baroda offers a wide range of Debit Cards to its customers. The following can be the significant benefits of having Bank of Baroda Debit Cards.
- Bank of Baroda has easy, hassle-free access to over 6000 ATMs in India.
- There is a maximum limit for daily purchases and withdrawals on ATS.
- Every transaction is secure due to the PIN and chip-based security verification process.
- Bank of Baroda provides special offers and discounts on almost all Debit Cards from time to time, which the consumer can take advantage of.
Things related to using Bank of Baroda Debit Card
The following points should be kept in mind while using the Bank of Baroda Debit Card.
- Never share your Debit Card PIN with anyone to avoid any Debit Card misuse.
- Be alert for incoming fraud calls related to debit cards, and don’t forget to reveal your PIN.
- Transact only through online websites that adopt adequate transaction security services such as Verified by Visa or MasterCard SecureCode.
- In case of theft or loss of Bank of Baroda Debit Card, to prevent misuse of the debit card, block the card immediately by informing the concerned bank.
- You can block your debit card in case of loss or theft using the official website of Bank of Baroda or Bank of Baroda customer care number.
Bank of Baroda Debit Card-Related FAQs
Q 1: Does the customer require a separate password for the RuPay PaySecure service with Bank of Baroda Debit Card (RuPay)?
Ans: No, Bank of Baroda cardholders do not require an additional password to avail RuPay PaySecure service. However, the authentication process for the transaction requires other credentials like image selection and a passphrase. You can get the benefit of this service only with the help of the ATM PIN of the Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card.
Q 2: Is a PIN required while purchasing with a Bank of Baroda Debit Card?
Ans: Yes, the PIN is required for making any Point of Sale terminal sale transaction with Bank of Baroda Debit Card as per Reserve Bank of India guidelines.
Q 3: Is OTP received on mobile phone while transacting with Bank of Baroda Debit Card?
Ans: Yes, receiving OTP on the mobile number registered with the bank account is provided for transactions with the Bank of Baroda Debit Card. You can register yourself for this facility if you get your registered mobile number after transacting with the Bank of Baroda Debit Card.
Q 4: Where can the Bank of Baroda RuPay debit card be used?
Ans: Bank of Baroda RuPay Debit Card is designed for domestic consumers. Hence Bank of Baroda RuPay debit can be used for withdrawal and transactions only at RuPay enabled ATMs, merchant outlets, and Points of Sale in India.
Q 5: How Bank of Baroda Visa debit card transactions can be secured during online shopping?
Ans: Bank of Baroda has launched the Verified by Visa (VBV) service for customers holding Visa Debit cards. The service provides a secure online payment process to the consumer, allowing the cardholder to make online purchases securely. For this, you need to register for the service and sign up.
Q 6: If the bank does a transaction by mistake with the debit card, how many days does it get refunded?
Ans: If the bank does any transaction by mistake with your Debit Card, then it will get credited to your Debit Card within a maximum of 12 working days as per the instructions of the Reserve Bank of India.
Q 7: Is the cardholder entitled to any compensation for the delay if the money is not refunded within the stipulated time frame for the wrong transaction done by the bank through the debit card?
Ans: Yes, if the bank does a wrong transaction on your debit card, the payment of which is not refunded by the bank within 12 working days as per RBI instructions, the cardholder is entitled to receive compensation for the delay @ ₹ 100 per day.
Q 8: If the bank does not give the above compensation for delay, then to whom can the consumer complain?
Ans: If the bank fails to pay the compensation for the wrong transaction, the consumer can directly complain with the local Banking Ombudsman. Your complaint will be resolved as per the procedure laid down by the Banking Ombudsman.
Also, read:- What is the BOB Missed Call Service Number?.