What is the Green PIN & How to Generate Green PIN?
How to Generate Green PIN: – India is the largest debit card user country in the world. The number of users using debit cards in India is more than 662 million. Even this number is increasing. The digital age has started in India, due to which the number of consumers using debit cards in India will increase significantly in the coming times. (हिन्दी में पढने के लिए यहा क्लिक करे।)
As customers encourage debit cards, they will apply for a debit card and get a debit card. It is often seen that on receipt of the debit card from the bank, the cardholder faces a lot of problems in activating the debit or credit card. Do you know how to generate Green PIN? If you don’t know, there is no issue. If you encounter any issue starting debit card pins, you can solve your problem by reading this post. This post will provide detailed information on how to generate Green PIN required to create Credit Card PIN.
Generally, debit cardholders in rural areas face a lot of problems in generating debit card PINs. They need someone’s help to create the debit card PIN. Keeping in mind the same issues of the customers, the bank system has implemented the concept of Green PIN to generate Debit Card PIN more quickly and conveniently for the cardholders while promoting paperless transactions. Green PIN was first used in 2016 by the State Bank of India.
The PIN is provided by most of the public and non-government sector banks in India to enable usage at ATMs and point-of-sale (POS) terminals while issuing debit cards, credit cards. You must read the article “How to generate SBI Debit Card PIN ?” to get step by step information on generate SBI Debit Card PIN with the help of SBI Green PIN.
How Does Green PIN Work?
Some time back in India, the banking system introduced Green PIN, promoting paperless transactions. Green PIN is slowly gaining popularity as a paperless technology in the banking system, beneficial for the environment and bank employees and cardholders.
Cardholders can generate Green PIN to activate their Debit Cards, Credit Cards, and ATM Cards using Internet Banking, SMS, IVR, ATM, etc. The banking system is rapidly moving towards paperless through Green PIN technology. Due to which there has been a considerable reduction in paper cost and carbon footprint.
What are the Advantages of Green PIN?
Following are the benefits of using Green PIN paperless technology in the banking system.
- Some time ago, an ATM PIN was kept in the bank employee’s physical custody, which was quite risky. By adopting the Green PIN system, keeping the ATM card PIN code in physical custody is not necessary. Due to which the additional expenses incurred by the bank have come down, and the services of the employee appointed for this work can be availed in other works.
- The cardholder is no longer required to visit a bank branch to obtain their ATM PIN.
- The use of Green PIN technology has reduced the carbon footprint in public and non-government sector banks.
- The use of this system has reduced the delays caused by the customers in generating the PIN unnecessarily. Now customers can activate the debit card by generating their PIN when the debit card is received.
- With the introduction of the Green PIN concept, the additional cost of sending ATM PINs by the banks through traditional methods, courier or post, has come down, i.e., this technology is cost-effective.
How to Generate Green PIN?
Suppose you have applied for a debit card, credit card, or ATM card. In that case, you can activate the ATM card upon receipt of the card by generating your Green PIN through internet banking, ATM, or customer care service using Green PIN technology. If you want to generate Green PIN for your card using Green PIN technology, detailed information on developing Green PIN through ATM, IVR, SMS, and Missed Call is provided below.
How to Generate Green PIN by Stepping into an ATM
If you want to know how to generate Green PIN using an ATM, then follow the steps given below.
- As soon as the cardholder receives the debit card, first of all, visit your nearest SBI ATM.
- Insert your debit card into the insert box of the ATM. On inserting the Debit Card, Main Mini will open on the ATM screen.
- In the navigation menu ‘PIN Generation’ option will appear. Press the option ‘PIN Generation’.
- You will be asked for an 11-digit account number by the system. Enter your 11 digit account number in the field provided.
- To confirm the account number, again enter the same account number in the given field. To ensure the account number, press the ‘Confirm’ tab.
- After this, fill in your registered mobile number twice in the given space and confirm the mobile number.
- The system will match the information provided by you with the bank account. As soon as the system checks the record, a message ‘Your Green PIN will be shortly delivered to your registered mobile number’ will be displayed on the screen.
- As soon as you click on the ‘Confirm’ button again, ‘Your Green PIN generation has been successful, and you will receive the same on your registered mobile number.’ on the screen of your system. will be displayed.
- You will receive a system sent One Time PIN (OTP) on your registered mobile number, which will be valid for two days only.
- One Time PIN (OTP) received on your registered mobile number that is your Green PIN, with the help of which you can generate your ATM PIN.
How to Generate Green PIN through SMS
Almost most public and private banks have provided their customers with the facility to generate Green PIN through SMS service. But keep in mind that while generating Green PIN, SMS from your registered mobile number only. If you want to know how to generate Green PIN through SMS service, then follow the steps given below.
- First of all, open your registered mobile message box, type the information in the message box in the format PIN ABCD EFGH and send the same to SBI SMS service number 567676.
- Remember that in text format, ABCD represents the last four digits of your debit card blank, while EFGH represents the last four digits of the bank account number associated with your debit card.
- As soon as the system receives your above SMS text, OTP will be received on your registered mobile number.
- The One Time Password received on the registered mobile number is valid for two days. Therefore, cardholders should keep in mind that within two days, by visiting your nearest SBI ATM, you must generate the PIN of your debit card. Otherwise, this one-time password will become invalid.
How to Generate Green PIN using IVR
Most public and private banks have provided the facility to their customers to Generate Green PINs through customer care helpline number or IVR service. If you want to know how to generate Green PIN by dialing the customer care service number from their registered mobile number. Follow the steps given below to create a green pin through the customer care service number.
- First of all, to generate a green pin, contact the bank’s toll-free number related to the debit card under the IVR Call service.
- Under IVR Call Service, listen to the instruction carefully and select the option ‘ATM and Prepaid Services’ from the services read out by the system.
- Enter your Debit Card number twice, following the IGR guidelines. The system will pronounce the debit card number entered by you. Confirm if the number you entered matches the number pronounced.
- The cardholder will be requested to enter the account number linked with the debit card twice during the process. Enter the account number linked with the debit card.
- The account number entered by the system will be pronounced for confirmation. If the account number is correct, then confirm it.
- After verifying all the information requested by the cardholder, the One Time Password (OTP) will be received on your registered mobile number through SMS.
- This one-time password is valid for two days. You can generate a debit card PIN by visiting your nearest bank ATM.
How to Generate Green PIN using Internet Banking
- First of all, go to the official website of the bank concerned with the debit card. From the homepage of the official website, go to the Personal Net Banking People Infection.
- Fill in your password and user-id in the login section to Login into your bank account.
- Select the option ‘Cards’ in the navigation menu. Under the option of ‘Cards,’ select the option of ‘PIN generation.
- Select the Debit Card for which you want to generate Green PIN from the dropdown list.
- Confirm all the asked information one by one. Once all the information is confirmed, an OTP will be received on your registered mobile number.
- After receiving the OTP, validate the received OTP by filling it in the specified space.
- Once the One Time Password is validated, you can generate your Debit Card PIN through Net Banking only.
How to Generate Green PIN through missed call
Debit cardholders can also generate Green PIN through missed call service. If you want to know how to generate Green PIN through missed call banking service, then follow the steps given below . For this, the bank in which your debit card is issued must provide missed call service.
- First of all, call the Debit Card issuing bank’s toll-free missed call service number from your registered mobile number.
- Your call will be automatically disconnected as soon as you make a missed call on the service number.
- Once the call is disconnected, a One Time Password will be generated by the system to receive an OTP on your registered mobile number via message.
- To activate the ATM card, visit the nearest ATM of your bank. Insert the ATM card.
- The navigation menu will be displayed on the display screen. Select the option ‘Generate ATM PIN’ to generate a new ATM PIN.
- After this, select the option of ‘Validate OTP.’ Enter the OTP received on the registered mobile number and generate it on the request ID for OTP validation.
- After OTP verification is done, generate your new Debit Card PIN. It will be necessary to use this Debit Card PIN during any transaction.
How to Generate Green PIN related FAQs
Q-1. Is green pin method safe?
Yes, the Green PIN Technique is safe. Green PIN technology has been introduced to promote paper list transactions. Through this technology, the transactions done through your debit card are secured.
Q- 2. How to generate Green PIN through SMS?
The cardholder can type an SMS PIN in the format ABCD EFGH from his registered mobile number and send it to 567676 to generate the Green PIN. Keep in mind that in text format, instead of ABCD, enter the last four digits of your debit card number, while in place of EFGH, enter the last four digits of the account number linked to the debit card. Once the system receives this message, OTP (One Time PIN) will be received on the registered mobile, which will be valid for two days.
Q- 3. Can Green Pin Code be generated online?
Yes, the Green PIN code can be generated through online mode also. For this, you can successfully generate Green PIN by visiting the official website of the concerned bank and selecting the option of Generate New Dear under the Card section.
Read Also : – 5 Best Instant Loan App For Student in India 2021