How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN (ATM)?
How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN: In this era of Digital India, every institution is getting digitized. Banks also occupy a leading position in this category. Through net banking, you can easily do every work related to banking from the comfort of your home. Do you know how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through Net Banking? Today, we will provide detailed information about the procedures of how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN online or offline through this post. If you want to activate SBI Debit Card PIN, you must read this post until the end.
A few days back, when net banking was not in vogue, every Bank sent a debit card or credit card PIN to the account holder’s home. The debit card or credit card PIN was hidden in a black stripe from which it was obtained by scratching.
But today is the era of the digital age, and the trend of net banking/mobile banking is increasing rapidly. Green PINs have now replaced the traditional credit card or debit card PIN, making it easier to generate debit card and credit card PIN codes. A debit card or credit card PIN code can be easily generated through Green PIN in various ways.
What is a Green PIN?
Before knowing about how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN, it is necessary to know what Green PIN is and what its use is. It is worth noting that Green PIN is not the actual PIN. It isn’t easy to send it to the customer through SMS. In a way, the Green PIN is a pseudo debit or credit card PIN, only used to generate the original PIN. Once the Green PIN is received, the actual PIN of the Debit Card is generated with the help of it. State Bank of India has given its customers the facility to generate Green PINs through various methods to generate the original debit or credit card PIN.
Green PIN – A Paperless Debit Card PIN Generation
To solve all the problems mentioned above, all the government and non-government banks came up with a new feature called ‘Green PIN.’ Its name suggests an eco-friendly method of generating debit card PINs based on paperless technology. Using the Green PIN feature, the cardholder can generate his debit or credit card PIN.
SBI’s Green PIN Initiative
Before knowing about how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN, it is necessary to know about SBI’s Green PIN initiative. PIN available to enable/activate credit cards for all government and non-government banks issuing debit cards or credit cards and making all types of transactions at ATMs and point-of-sale (POS) etc., is done. Until recently, government and non-government banks sent debit cards and credit card PINs to the cardholder at his home through post/post. These sent by the Bank would have been hidden through the scratch-off channel, which avoided any pin tampering.
It wasn’t easy to send these to the cardholder, because of which some banks started sending the PIN along with the welcome kit through post and courier.
If the cardholder needed to change their PIN for any reason, they would have to visit the respective bank branch to get the ATM card/debit card and credit card PIN code regenerated. The most common and most common method of sending PINs was post and courier by all the banks.
Bank employees had to keep the debit card PIN in their custody, which was a risk. It took a lot of time and money to send the PIN through the post. If the PIN got damaged while sending the debit card PIN, it wasn’t straightforward to repackage and send it. Repacking used to cost extra money. Due to the non-delivery of Debit Card PIN on time, the cardholder was inconvenienced a lot, and he had to make frequent visits to the bank branch.
What is an SBI Green PIN?
Before knowing about how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN, it is necessary to know what SBI Green PIN is and what its use is. Green PIN is SBI Bank’s new initiative based on paperless technology. Under this technology, no paper is required like the traditional method to generate SBI debit and credit card PINs.
State Bank of India (SBI) has also launched ‘SBI Green PIN,’ an easy and convenient way for SBI cardholders to generate SBI Card PIN to enable or activate Debit, Credit, or ATM cards by adopting ‘Green PIN’ technology. SBI Green PIN is a new step in the growing trend of State Bank of India, like the paperless banking system, which has benefited both bank employees and customers alike.
Because after using the Green PIN technology, the ATM PIN can be used for any other work to the employees engaged in physical custody and distribution. Whereas the Debit or Credit Card PIN can be easily generated by the customer at his convenience, saving time. With the introduction of this system, the additional cost of ATM PIN of the Bank has come down, and the carbon footprint has come down, which is a good thing for the environment.
How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN?
State Bank of India has provided the following facilities to its customers to generate the original Debit Card PIN or Credit Card PIN.
- Through SBI ATM
- By sending SMS through a mobile number linked to a bank account.
- Contact SBI Customer Care Representative.
- Through SBI Net Banking.
The process for all the above channels provided by SBI to its customers for generating a Debit or Credit Card PIN is almost the same. The entire process of generating an SBI Debit Card or Credit Card PIN through various channels can be easily understood from the image given below.
Let us now understand the process of different channels to generate SBI Debit Card or Credit Card PINs one by one.
How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN from SBI ATM?
If you want to know how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through SBI ATM, then follow the steps below.
- First of all, visit your nearest SBI ATMs as soon as you get an SBI ATM cum debit card.
- To set Debit Card PIN, first generate SBI Green PIN through ATM.
- To generate SBI Green PIN, insert your debit card into the ATM.
- After this, select the option of ‘PIN Generation.’
- Immediately after selecting the PIN generation option, enter your 11 digit bank account number in the designated space provided without any delay.
- Again using the keypad, re-enter the account number in the given second column and click on the ‘Confirm’ button to confirm the number.
- Once you confirm the bank account number, you will be asked about the mobile number associated with the bank account.
- Enter your registered mobile number in the given space and press the ‘Confirm’ button to confirm.
- A new window will open on the ATM, and if the information provided by you is correct, the system will immediately send the Green PIN to your registered mobile number.
- Click on the ‘Confirm’ button. A message will appear on the screen that ‘Your Green PIN has been successfully generated, and you will receive Green PIN on your mobile number immediately.
- After this, a one-time password, i.e., a one-time pin, will be received on your registered mobile number. This one-time pin is known as Green PIN.
- To generate the original Debit Card PIN with the help of Green PIN, remove the Debit Card from the insert box of the ATM and re-insert it.
- Select the option of ‘Banking’ from the given various options.
- As per your convenience, choose Hindi, English, or any other regional language from the available language options.
- Enter the One Time Password, i.e., Green PIN received on your registered mobile number, at the designated place on the next screen.
- Select ‘PIN Change’ from the options given under the ‘Select Transaction’ menu.
- After this, as per your convenience, fill the new four-digit PIN in the given column and to confirm the new PIN, fill the same PIN again in the second column shown. Confirm the new pin.
- If the SBI Debit Card PIN generation process through SBI ATM is completed, you will receive a message ‘Your PIN has been changed successfully’ on your mobile number.
The new PIN generated by you will be the original PIN of your SBI ATM Cum Debit Card. Transactional activities like cash withdrawal, point of sale, and online shopping can be made using this genuine PINKA. In this way, any person can generate the PIN of their SBI Debit Card through an ATM within a few minutes.
How to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through SMS?
Green PIN for SBI Debit Card can be generated by sending a message through the registered mobile. If you want to know how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through SMS Service, then follow the steps below..
- First of all, open the message box of the mobile number associated with the bank account.
- In the message box, type “SMS PIN 12345678 (here, enter the last four digits of your debit card number in place of 1234 and the last four digits of the bank account number associated with the debit card in position of 5678).
- Send this message to 567676. Once the message reaches the SBI Bank system, a one-time password will be received on the same registered mobile number linked with your bank account.
- This one-time password sent by the Bank will act as SBI Green PIN, which will only be valid for two days.
- After this, you have to visit any nearest SBI ATM to generate SBI Debit Card PIN.
- Insert it in the ATM to generate the original Debit Card PIN with the help of Green PIN, i.e., One Time Password sent to the mobile number registered by the Bank.
- Select the option of ‘Banking’ from the given various options and choose Hindi, English, or any other regional language from the available language options as per your convenience.
- Enter the One Time Password, i.e., Green PIN received on your registered mobile number in the given space.
- Select the option of ‘PIN Change’ from the options of the ‘Select Transaction’ menu.
- After this, enter the new four-digit PIN in the given column and confirm by filling the new PIN again.
- If the SBI Debit Card PIN generation process is completed, you will receive a message ‘Your PIN has been changed successfully’ on your mobile number.
The new PIN generated by you will be the Actual PIN of your SBI ATM Cum Debit Card. With the help of an Actual PIN, all types of transactions can be processed. In this way, any person can generate the PIN of their SBI Debit Card through SMS.
How to Generate SBI Card PIN by Calling SBI Customer Care?
SBI Debit Card can be obtained by contacting an SBI customer care representative. If you want to know how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through contacting the SBI Credit Card Customer Care Helpline by a registered mobile number.
- First of all, call SBI toll-free customer care number 1800 11 22 11/1800 425 3800 and 080-26599990.
- Listen carefully to the instructions given by the computer and select the option of ‘ATM and Prepaid Card Services.
- Press ‘1’ to generate SBI Debit Card Green PIN.
- The system will ask you to enter your debit card number. Type your debit card number.
- The system for confirmation will pronounce the SBI credit card number entered by you. Confirm if the credit card number as pronounced by the system is correct.
- You will then be asked to enter the account number associated with the debit card. Enter the account number linked to the debit card.
- The account number entered by the system will be pronounced for confirmation. Confirm the account number as pronounced by the system is correct.
- Once the details provided by you are confirmed, the system will send you a One Time PIN (OTP) through SMS, which will be valid for two days.
- After receiving the SBI Debit Card Green PIN, visit the nearest SBI ATM and generate SBI Debit Card Actual PIN using the method mentioned in the above method.
How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN through Internet Banking?
To generate an SBI Debit Card PIN through the three channels mentioned above mentioned so far, you need to visit one or the other SBI ATM. But there is no need to visit any SBI ATM to generate SBI Debit Card PIN through Net Banking. If an SBI account holder wants to know how to generate SBI Debit Card PIN online through SBI Internet Banking, follow the steps below.
- First of all, visit the official website of the State Bank of India.
- Select Personal Net Banking from the SBI site. The personal Net Banking login page will open on the screen.
- Log in to the SBI login page using login credentials (username and password).
- After logging in, your account dashboard will open. From the main menu, under ‘e-Services,’ go to ‘ATM Card Services.
- Select the option ‘ATM PIN Generation’ from the ATM Card Services page.
- Choose an option as per your convenience between the ‘Using One Time Password’ or ‘Using Profile Password’ option.
- If you have selected the option ‘Using Profile Password,’ select the option associated with the bank account and click on the ‘Submit button.
- After that, select the ‘SBI debit card’ option and click on the ‘Confirm’ button.
- On clicking the ‘Confirm’ button, you will be redirected to the ‘ATM PIN Generation’ page. To generate a new PIN on this page, a 2-digit PIN has to be entered. Enter two digits as a new pin and click on the ‘Submit button.
- On clicking the ‘Submit’ button, a 2-digit message will be received on your mobile number.
- In the next step, slowly fill in the two digits selected by you earlier and the two digits received through SMS and click on the button of ‘Submit.’
- On clicking the ‘Submit’ button, you will receive a message ‘ATM PIN has been changed successfully’ on your mobile number.
- Once the new PIN is received, go back to the ‘e-Services’ section and select ATM Card Services.
- After this, select the ‘New ATM Card Activation’ option under “ATM Card Services” to activate the debit card.
- As the last step to activate SBI Debit Card, do a transaction through SBI ATM and Net Banking. Successful completion of the transaction means that your Debit Card will be activated. Now you can do any transaction through your Debit Card.
How to Generate SBI Debit Card PIN Related FAQs
Q-1. Can I generate my ATM PIN online without visiting the Bank?
Yes, through net banking, you can change, reset, or generate your ATM card PIN through the official website of the Bank without visiting the bank branch.
Q-2.Can a person use the Debit Card without activating the PIN?
No, if you want to complete any transaction through Debit Card, it is necessary to generate a new PIN with the help of a Green PIN.
Q-3. Can OTP be received for generating a PIN on any paint other than the registered mobile number?
No, mobile is required to be registered with the bank account to generate SBI Debit or Credit card PIN with the help of Green PIN as OTP is sent by the Bank to the registered mobile number only. If your registered mobile number is lost, then, first of all, change the mobile number from your bank account. After that, you can generate SBI Debit Card PIN by receiving OTP on the new mobile number.
Q-4. Can a customer receive OTP on a number other than registered while generating the PIN through SBI Customer Care?
No, even if you request the customer care representative to receive the OTP on a non-registered mobile number while generating the PIN through SBI Customer Care, the OTP will be sent by the Bank on the registered mobile number only.