SBI Green Remit Card | How to Apply SBI Green Remit Card | Green Remit Card Service Charges | Green Remit Card SBI | SBI Green Remit Card Application Form PDF Download
SBI Green Remit Card – The retail banking sector in India is proliferating. Keeping in view the customers’ growing needs, the new modes of transactions are being used day by day by the banks to save time, enhance security, and reduce the need for human intervention. Every bank is striving to make itself paperless and eco-friendly by making itself more friendly to do business.
State Bank of India is focusing on Green Banking by making itself business-friendly through making limited use of paper. Under this process, to encourage paperless banking, the State Bank of India has launched an SBI Green Remit Card. Green Remit Card SBI is a simple card without Magstripe, which allows you to transfer cash from the counter to another account.
What is the SBI Green Remit Card?
SBI Green Remit Card is a PIN-less magstripe card that allows users to conduct non-home cash deposit transactions through Green Channel Counter or Cash Deposit Machine.
The State Bank of India launched Green Channel Counter in 2007 to save paper, time and resources. Green channel counters are counters with a transaction processing device (TPC) similar to a POS (Point of Sale) machine. This counter allows customers to perform basic banking transactions of cash withdrawal, cash deposit and fund transfer. Green channel counters were introduced to eliminate the need to visit bank branches and reduce long queues. Due to this process, the customer’s average time of 4 minutes for banking transactions turns into 1 minute.
SBI Green Remit Card enables any individual to deposit cash into the SBI account of the designated beneficiary. The State Bank of India accepts this facility at all Green Channel Counter branches and Cash Deposit Machines.
SBI Green Remit Card Benefits & Features
The benefits and features of the SBI Green Remit Card are as follows-
- SBI Green Remit Card is a simple magstripe-based card without a PIN.
- This card is designed for non-domestic cash transactions at Green Channel Counters and Cash Deposit Machines.
- Green Remit Card can be used to deposit cash into the SBI account of the designated beneficiary from all Green Channel counter branches and cash deposit machines.
- Cash deposit through Green Remit Card can be made only in Indian Rupees.
- Through this card, only an amount of up to ₹ 25000 can be deposited at a time.
- Deposits can be made through Green Remit Card only in cash.
- Only up to ₹ 100000 can be deposited in 1 month through Green Remit Card SBI.
- The charges on transactions made through this card are the same as on regular non-domestic cash deposit transactions.
- The pre-printed SBI Green Remit Card is issued to the applicant by the bank branch immediately.
Green Remit Card SBI Eligibility
- All customers are eligible for SBI Green Remit Card, especially those non-account holder customers who wish to remit money to SBI bank account at regular intervals.
- Any applicant can obtain a Green Remit Card by visiting the Green Channel Counter and Cash Deposit Machine branch by submitting a simple application along with ID proof.
- The Green Remit Card will be mapped to the particular beneficiary’s account, for which the beneficiary must have an account with the State Bank of India.
SBI Green Remit Card Service Charges
- ₹20 is charged as a fee for issuance of Green Remit Card from 15th July 2013.
- The same transaction fee applies at the Green Channel counter as applicable for non-domestic cash deposit transactions at any branch.
- The same transaction fee is applicable on the Cash Deposit Machine, charged on non-domestic cash deposit transactions at any branch.
How to apply for an SBI Green Remit Card?
If you are willing to make an SBI Green Remit Card, you can get this card by following the steps below.
- First of all, visit your nearest SBI Green Channel Counter branch or Cash Deposit Machine branch.
- Receive application form for SBI Green Remit Card from customer care representative.
- Fill in all the information asked in the application form correctly in the prescribed column.
- Attach a government-recognized ID proof with the application form for Green Remit Card SBI.
- Green Remit Card is mapped to the SBI account of a particular beneficiary, so the customer care representative should provide the beneficiary SBI bank account number.
- Provide ₹20 to the customer service representative as a fee for the issuance of the Green Remit Card.
- After completing the application process, Green Remit Card is printed and made available to the applicant by the SBI branch with immediate effect.
How to fill SBI Green Remit Card Application?
If you are willing to make an Green Remit Card, you will need Green Remit Card SBI Application Form. Fill the application form and submit it to the concerned branch. Follow the steps given below to fill the application form-
- First of all, click on the ‘SBI Green Remit Card Application Form PDF Download (Hindi) link to download the Green Remit Card Application Form.
- Click on the link ‘SBI Green Remit Card Application Form PDF Download (English)‘ to download SBI Remit Card Application Form in English.
- After printing the application form, enter your mobile number along with your name, address, mother’s and father’s name in the sender’s details.
- In the details related to the holder, fill the name of the account holder of the State Bank of India and the savings bank account number in the specified column.
- Enter the name of the branch where the beneficiary’s account is opened in the space provided.
- Enter the beneficiary’s mobile number and e-mail address correctly in the given columns.
- To establish your identity, enter your Aadhar card number / Voter ID card number etc., in the given space.
- Fill in the place, date and put your signature in the space provided in the application form.
- Submit your latest passport size photograph at the designated column provided on the application form, along with a copy of the Identity Card at Green Channel Counter or Cash Deposit Machine.
- Click here to view the wholly filled SBI Green Remit Card Application Form.
How to Send Money by Green Remit Card?
If a person wants to deposit money in the SBI account of a beneficiary through SBI Green Remit Card, follow the below steps.
- First of all, visit the nearest Green Channel Counter branch or Cash Deposit Machine branch.
- Swipe your card in the Green Channel Counter Cash Deposit Machine.
- The beneficiary’s bank account details will be displayed on the screen as soon as SBI Green Remit Card is swiped.
- Confirm the beneficiary’s bank account details before taking the next step.
- Fill in the amount to be deposited immediately. The Cash Deposit window will be open.
- Keep the amount to be deposited in the cash deposit box. After the machine collects the cash, the details of what has been deposited will appear on the screen.
- Confirm the cash details deposited. As soon as you confirm the cash details, your Acknowledgment Slip will be generated.
- As soon as the cash deposit process is completed, the depositor and the beneficiary will get the transaction information through SMS instantly.
- The beneficiary’s SBI account will be updated with the transaction amount and Green Remit Card number.
Points to keep in mind while using SBI Remit Card:-
If you transact through SBI Green Remit Card, then you should keep the following things in mind at the time of transaction:
- The remitter can visit any GCC branch or CDM to deposit the cash in any of the predetermined SBI account.
- When you swipe the card in the machine, the account details are displayed on the screen for confirmation.
- The system asks the customer to enter the amount to be transferred and once the cash is collected and verified, an acknowledgment note is generated.
- When your transaction is completed successfully, both the sender and the beneficiary are notified through SMS.
- The SBI account number of the beneficiary along with the card number is updated along with the transaction amount by the bank.
SBI Green Remit Card Related FAQs
Q.1- Can a person make a cash withdrawal with the help of the SBI Green Remit Card?
No, Green Remit Card SBI works only at Green Channel Counters and Cash Deposit Machines, which are counters with transaction processing devices similar to POS machines, which allow the customer to do only basic banking transactions like cash deposit and fund transfer. Hence Green Remit Card SBI allows you to deposit cash only in the SBI account of the designated beneficiary.
Q.2- How can I apply for an SBI Green Remit Card?
First of all, go to the GCC Branch or Cash Deposit Machine Branch.
Fill the application form and submit it along with the ID proof.
For card mapping, provide the information of the beneficiary’s SBI account number.
Pay the service fee of Rs.20.
Green Remit Card will be issued instantly by SBI Branch.
Q.3- What is the service charge on SBI Green Remit Card?
₹ 20 is charged as a service charge for issuance of Green Remit Card SBI. The same fee is charged for other non-domestic cash deposit transactions with Green Remit Card as applicable in other SBI Bank branches.
Q.4- How to transfer cash from SBI Green Remit Card?
First of all, go to Green Channel Counter Branch or Cash Deposit Machine Branch.
Swipe your card. Check beneficiary account details.
Fill in the amount to be deposited immediately.
Keep the amount to be deposited in the cash deposit box.
Confirm the cash details to be deposited.
An acknowledgment slip will be generated.
Transaction information will be received through SMS.
Read Also: – Aadhaar Enabled Payment System-AePS