What is the Benefits of TVS Insurance Policy?
TVS Insurance – Many companies are working in the manufacturing of two-wheelers in India. TVS Motor Company holds an important position in the manufacturing of two-wheelers in India. The company covers almost one-third of the two-wheeler market in India. TVS Motor is the first such company in India to sell more than 3,000,000 two-wheelers annually.
This post will discuss in detail TVS two-wheeler models, TVS insurance, and why insurance is necessary for TVS bikes and scooters.
TVS Insurance Policy
Buying two-wheeler insurance is a must if you buy a two-wheeler, as buying insurance on two-wheelers in India is legally binding. If you buy a TVS bike or scooter, then TVS Bike Insurance/TVS Scooty Insurance must be taken to avoid the loss or damage due to an accident or collision. You can at least take third-party TVS bike insurance to avoid such damage or loss.
But buying comprehensive TVS bike insurance is a good option instead of third-party TVS bike insurance / TVS scooty insurance because comprehensive TVS bike insurance policy also covers the payment of loss or damage caused by a natural or human being and caused by a third party and itself.
About TVS Motor Company
TVS Motor Company was established in 1979. This company belongs to TVS Group. This company is the third-largest two-wheeler producer in India and holds its place among the world’s top 10 two-wheeler producing companies. TVS produces a wide range of models of mopeds, scooters, and motorcycles in the two-wheeler segment. TVS has a total of 4 manufacturing plants in the two-wheeler sector, out of which three plants are located in Hosur (Tamil Nadu), Mysore (Karnataka), Nalagarh (Himachal Pradesh) in India, and one plant is located in Indonesia.
Various types of scooter models have been presented by TVS companies in the Indian market, which are as follows-
Jupiter:- TVS Jupiter holds the leading position among the scooters presented by the TVS company so far. The engine of the Jupiter scooter is 110 cc which generates 8.2 power per second. In terms of power and economy, this scooter holds a special place in the market.
Scooty Streak:- This scooter has been specially manufactured for women by TVS Company, which is available in various colors. The scooter is equipped with an 88cc power Four Stroke Single Cylinder, which sports an air-cooled engine with a sleek & slim look.
Scooty Pep: This scooter gives an average mileage of 65 kms per liter, one of the most fuel-efficient scooters in the country. This scooter has been brought to the Black, Grey, and Purple colors with a convenient parking stand, clean turn signal lamp.
Apache:- TVS company has launched Apache motorcycle in the Indian market with three variants 180CC, 160CC, and 150CC capacity. The company has launched this bike in a sports look with Muscled Tail Cowl, Muscled Tank, ABS. This bike is one of the favorite bikes of the youth.
Star Sport:- TVS company has launched Star Sportbike with high ground clearance and lightweight, which can be managed to ride in tight spaces. This bike has been brought to market with an electric start and kickstart.
Star City:- This bike has been designed by a TVS company keeping in mind the need for comfortable travel and high mileage of people going for daily office work. This bike has a 109 cc engine, which generates power of 8.4 per second.
You Must Read: – How to Apply For SBI Green Remit Card?
TVS Bike Model List with Insurance Price
TVS brings its products to the market with reliable, durable, affordable, and latest technology. Every customer who buys TVS bikes must buy TVS bike insurance to avoid the burden of unexpected expenses in the future. Below is a list of the Comprehensive TVS Bike Insurance Prices expected on TVS bikes, along with the model of TVS bikes.
|S.No.||TVS Bike Models||Estimated Comprehensive TVS Bike Insurance Prices|
|1||TVS Apache||₹5000 Onwards|
|2||TVS Jupiter||₹5000 Onwards|
|3||TVS XL 100||₹3000 Onwards|
|4||TVS Victor GL Petrol||₹3000 Onwards|
Note: The comprehensive TVS insurance prices of the above bikes are given for reference only.
Why should customers buy TVS Insurance only?
Take a comprehensive TVS Bike Insurance/TVS Scooter Insurance policy when purchasing a TVS bike/scooter. You can avoid any accident or unforeseen experience due to natural or unnatural events. For example, if your bike gets damaged due to an accident or collision, in that case, the Comprehensive TVS Insurance Policy covers this unforeseen loss for you.
The comprehensive TVS insurance policy bears third-party liability. It is legally binding for every two-wheeler owner in India to take third-party insurance. Apart from this, the Comprehensive TVS Insurance Policy also provides you with Roadside Assistance and Zero Depreciation cover.
It is easy to buy or renew a comprehensive TVS Insurance Policy through an online medium. TVS Insurance Bike provides financial coverage at the time of theft and replacement or repair facility in case of damage in an accident. TVS Insurance provides all the facilities as mentioned above and the facility of claim settlement in less time.
What is included in the Comprehensive TVS Insurance Policy (Two Wheeler)?
Third-Party Liability – Keeping in view the orders of the Supreme Court of India, the facility of Unlimited Cover is provided in case of any injury or death during an accident.
Third-Party Property Damage Cover- TVS Insurance (Two Wheeler) covers damages up to ₹100000 for the policyholder under Third Party Property Damage due to an accident.
Loss or damage to the insured bike – TVS Insurance protects you and your bike from accident, collision, theft, artificial disaster, natural calamity, etc. in the following ways-
- If your bike gets damaged in natural calamities like hurricanes, earthquakes, floods, cyclones, storms, landslides, etc., TVS Insurance compensates you for the damage.
- TVS Insurance covers damages caused by man-made disasters such as Theft, Strikes, Burglary, Riots, Terrorist acts, and malicious activities.
- Even TVS Insurance compensates for the damage caused by the accident due to any external factors.
- TVS Insurance Policy also covers the damage caused by transporting a TVS two-wheeler from one place to another by rail, aircraft, and road.
What is not included in the Comprehensive TVS Insurance Policy (Two Wheeler)?
Various types of benefits are provided by TVS company on TVS Bike Insurance policy. Whereas TVS bike insurance policy also has some limitations. There are some incidents due to which the TVS company denies the claim of damage or loss. These events are as follows-
- The driver is driving the bike without a valid license when there is an accident or damage to the vehicle.
- Damage due to technical or electrical failure.
- Use of a bike or two-wheeler outside the limits of TVS insurance policy.
- The depreciation value of any part is not covered.
- Consequential losses are not covered in TVS Insurance.
- Compensation for damages caused during daily Wear & tear of the bike.
- Damage caused by the driver while driving under the influence of toxicating drugs and alcohol.
- Intentional damage caused by the driver of the bike.
- Expenses incurred by the owner at his own discretion during repairing.
- In times of war, the damage is caused by Nuclear Weapons or radioactivity.
Additional Benefits of TVS Bike Insurance
TVS Bike Insurance Company provides the customer with the convenience of increasing the coverage at a very low cost when purchasing an insurance policy. Some of these additional benefits are as follows-
- TVS Insurance Company offers Personal Accident Cover for Owner/Driver/Unnamed Passengers at a very nominal additional charge in addition to the Basic PA Cover of Rs.15 Lakhs offered with Bike Insurance.
- The TVS insurance company also covers fog lights, electronic and electrical accessories on TVS bikes at an additional charge.
TVS Insurance Add-On Covers on TVS Bike
TVS Insurance Company provides some add-on benefits to increase the coverage area for TVS Two Wheeler Insurance. If your bike is immovable due to any reason while moving on the road, then you can avail of the following add-on benefits-
- Flat Battery Support: – If your bike stops due to a flat battery while moving on the road, then you can contact your Insurer to make an alternate arrangement.
- Towing Assistance:- TV Insurance company also provides towing facility under add-on benefits to take the vehicle to the workshop for repair up to a predetermined extent due to the technical failure of the vehicle while moving on the road.
- Spare Keys:- If the key of the insured bike or scooter gets lost or misplaced, then the insurance company will arrange the Spare Key under the terms and conditions of the TVS Insurance policy.
- Flat Tyre Assistance: – If your bike stops due to a flat tyre while moving on the road, then the insurance company will send a technician to help you at the place where your bike is stopped.
- Minor Repair Services:- If not your bike, then just the scooter has become unable to move due to mechanical or electrical failure, then the insurance company provides you technical support.
- Legal Advice: If your bike gets in an accident while moving on the road, you can get legal advice from a legal expert of your insurance company. This facility can be availed by mobile phone for a maximum duration of 30 minutes.
How to Buy TVS Insurance for Two Wheeler?
It is very easy to purchase TVS Bike Insurance online from any general insurance company. Any insurance company requires the following information to buy TVS Bike Insurance/TVS Scooter Insurance.
TVS Bike Information
- Bike Make
- Fuel Type
- Cubic Capacity
- City in which bike was registered (RTO)
- Manufacture Year
- Seating Capacity
- Type of Body
- Bike Current Insurance Policy Type
- Policy Term
- Previous Policy Tenure
- Previous Policy Expired Date
- Transfer of Ownership (If any)
- Accessories Installed Cover for Bike
- If any claim were made in the previous policy
- Number of Claims in the 1st, 2nd & 3rd Year
- NCB Applicable
- Full Name
- Mobile Number
- Email Address
- Name of City
- Bike Registration Area
- Other Areas (if Applicable)
- Pin Code of Area
As soon as you submit the above Bike & Personal Information online to any General Insurance Company, the Bike Insurance Quotation will be received by the company in the mail provided by you.
What is the TVS Bike Insurance Renew Process?
Every driver must get his two-wheeler insurance policy done before his bike insurance expires. You can also renew TVS Two Wheeler Insurance Policy online. To Renew TVS Insurance Online, customers are required to do the following things.
- First of all, go to the official website of the general insurance company from which you have your policy.
- On the homepage of the official website, select the option of Two Wheeler Policy Renewal.
- Provide your mobile number.
- Enter your policy number in the specified column.
- Enter your two-wheeler registration number, chassis number, and engine number.
- Click on the button Renew.
- Bike Insurance Quotation will be received in your email, which you can also download.
- From here, you can make Policy Premium Payment by using the link of payment.
What is the TVS Bike Insurance Claim Process?
- First of all, contact the company’s toll-free number or mail id to get the TVS Bike Insurance Claim.
- Before giving claim intimation on toll-free number email, keep the following information with you-
- Two-wheeler driver name and contact details along with driving license details.
- TVS bike insurance policy no.
- event day and time
- Description of the scene.
- The estimated amount of vehicle damage.
- Vehicle damaged details.
- Contact details of bike policyholder.
- Contact the customer representative of TVS Insurance company on the helpline number.
- The customer representative will provide the claim reference number after receiving all the information related to the incident from you.
- Once the claim is registered with the two-wheeler insurance company, a surveyor will be assigned for your claim.
- A confirmation SMS will be sent to you by the insurance company with the Assessor’s details.
- The surveyor sent by the company will take time from you and prepare the survey report after inspecting the spot and vehicle at your convenience.
- Provide the required documents to the surveyor during the claim process.
- If the Assessor has advised for re-examination, contact the Customer Help Desk to re-examine the two-wheeler re-examination.
- The sum assured will be sent to your account by the insurance company on completion of the claim process.
TVS Insurance FAQs
Q-1. What is Third Party Bike Insurance?
Ans: Every vehicle owner in India is obliged to buy third-party insurance for third-party liability. Third-party insurance provides a facility to the owner/driver of the vehicle to cover the death, injury, or property damage of the third party in the event of an accident. That is, the damage caused by the insured vehicle to any other person or vehicle is compensated by the insured company under third-party insurance.
Q-2. Approximately how long does it take to buy TVS Insurance Policy Online?
Ans: It takes about 5-6 minutes to buy a two-wheeler policy online from any company. While buying a policy online, the vehicle owner has to select personal information, vehicle details, and policy coverage options. After this, the policy can be obtained online by paying the policy premium through Debit Card / Credit Card or Net Banking. Premium can also be paid through cheque.
Q-3. Is he entitled to a claim if someone else drives the vehicle of the vehicle owner at the time of the accident?
Ans: If a person other than the vehicle owner drives the insured vehicle with a valid license and the vehicle or third party suffers damage under the accident, then the owner of the vehicle will be entitled to claim.
Q-4. What information should the driver of a vehicle know while giving claim intimation?
Ans: The following information is required to be provided to the driver of the vehicle while reporting the claim-
The day and time of the accident.
Vehicle insurance policy no.
Contact details of the driver/owner.
accident site address
Details of estimated loss in an accident
Read Also : – How to Apply for HDFC Bank Business Loan?